1. No purchase necessary.
2. Packet6, will begin accepting entries through the expiration date, by 12 Midnight PT October 31st, 2015.
3. To enter, participants must respond via commenting on the blog post and by filling out the form by 12 Midnight PT, October 31st, 2015. No entries will be acknowledged or returned, and all entries become the property of Packet6. Packet6 is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete or misdirected entries. All such entries will be disqualified.
4. The book giveaway contest closes at 12 Midnight PT, October 31st, 2015. Five winners will be picked at random from the entries. Winners will be notified after the close of the competition at a date determined by Packet6. All winners notified must respond by the date indicated in the e-mail sent by Packet6. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the Prize. Comments will be published on Packet6, along with the names of the winners.
5. The odds of winning are determined by the number of eligible entries received.
6. PRIZE 1: Five (5) readers per copy of CCNA Security Official Cert Guide 210-260 with a list price of $49.99.
7. Please note that personal information will not be shared outside of Packet6.
8. No substitution, transfer or assignment of the Prize is allowed, except that Packet6 reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability. The Prize is not transferable for cash.
9. Packet6, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, assigns and licensees, advertising and promotion agencies and the employees of each shall have no liability in connection with any tampering, hacking, computer virus, bugs, worms, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this contest, nor in connection with unavailable network connections; failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transactions; online failures; hardware, software or other technical malfunctions or disturbances; or any other communications failures or circumstances affecting, disrupting or corrupting the contest in any manner.
10. All entrants agree to permit Packet6 to publicize their entry on its Web site and in other media, and use their entries for Packet6 marketing/advertising materials in all media and in perpetuity and for any and all purposes. Furthermore, upon submission, entrant waives any and all right to his/her right to privacy or publicity in connection with the entry. By entering, entrants agree to the use of the winner’s name and likeness for purposes of advertising and promotion without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By entering, participants release and hold harmless Packet6, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability or injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in this contest or acceptance or use of any prize.
11. Winners agree that their name, likeness and voice may be used by Packet6 for advertising and promotional purposes without compensation.
12. Employees of Packet6, its parent, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, assigns and licensees, advertising and promotion agencies, and the families of each are not eligible.
13. Packet6 reserves sole, final and binding judgment as to all matters concerning the contest.
14. Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this contest but in no event attorneys’ fees. Participants shall be bound by these Official Rules.
15. Any tampering with the contest in any matter is prohibited. Tampering includes, but is not limited to, preventing the submission of some or all entries, submitting more than one entry per individual per book, or otherwise compromising the integrity of the contest in any manner. Packet6 reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine whether the contest has been tampered with. Packet6 reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who it suspects or has found, in its sole discretion, to have tampered with the contest, submitted multiple entries or submitted entries using any automated means.
16. Packet6 reserves the right to prosecute any individual suspected or proven to have deliberately tampered with the contest.
17. Packet6 is not responsible for unavailable network connections; failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transactions; online failures; hardware, software or other technical malfunctions or disturbances; or any other communications failures or circumstances affecting, disrupting or corrupting the contest in any manner.
18. If Packet6 determines, in its sole discretion, that technical difficulties or unforeseen events outside Packet6’s control compromise the integrity or viability of the contest, Packet6 reserves the right to void the entries at issue and/or terminate the relevant portion of the contest.
19. To obtain the name of the winners, as well as a copy of the rules, send a request with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Packet6 October 2015 CCNA Security book giveaway contest” c/o Rowell Dionicio, Packet6, PO Box 19630 Stanford, CA 94309.
20. The Sponsor of this contest is Packet6, PO Box 19630 Stanford, CA 94309.